Statement of Basic Doctrinal Beliefs of SRBN
- As a church we have adopted the Articles of Faith as approved by the Southern Baptist Convention, The Baptist Faith and Message, 1963.
- We believe the Holy Bible was written by men divinely inspired and is a record of God’s revelation of Himself to man. The Bible is God’s truth, without any mixture of error.
- We believe there is one and only one living and true God. We believe that the eternal God reveals Himself to us as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, with distinct personal attributes, but without division of nature, essence or being.
- We believe in the sinless live, atoning death, and the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- We believe salvation involves the redemption of the whole man, and is offered freely to all who accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. Salvation is a work of God’s grace which a person receives through faith and is not achieved through a person’s works.
- We believe that “all true believers endure to the end,” and that God is able to keep those who have placed their faith in Christ.
- We believe New Testament baptism is the immersion of a believer in water upon the authority of the local church. We agree to receive into our fellowship only those who have received New Testament baptism.
- We believe the Lord’s Supper is a memorial of our Lord’s death and is to be observed as such by born again believers until He comes again.
- We believe that some of the essential qualities of a New Testament church are the worship of God, the proclamation of the Gospel, the development of believers, and the participation in world missions.
Statement of Cooperation
We agree to maintain fellowship and cooperation with Southern Baptist churches and Southern Baptist work, and that when in conscience we can no longer do so, we will voluntarily withdraw.
Four Requirements to be member of Sacramento Region Baptist Network
- Pray for the work of the network (association)
- Give at least $250 annually to the network (association)
- Give your people to work in the network (association)
- Complete and return an Annual Church Profile Report each year